The following are the 24 Knightly Virtues held by the Order and its members.
Honor – Nobility – Service – Courage – Strength – Discipline
Action – Defense – Faith – Compassion – Courtesy – Generosity
Truth – Honesty – Loyalty – Justice – Mercy – Temperance
Freedom – Responsibility – Sacrifice – Knowledge – Skill – Wisdom
Sample Definitions in Alphabetical Order.
- Action – Definition: “the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.” It is through not just Action, but Massive Action, that the world is changed and lives are made better. Thoughts and words without taking Action accomplish little.
- Compassion Definition: “sympathetic consciousness of others distress together with a desire to alleviate it.” The Virtue of Compassion is what separates a Chivalrist from a mere fighter. Knights seek to help others, alleviate suffering, and make lives better all because they have a deep caring for others.
- Courage Definition: “mental or moral strength to venture, persevere and withstand danger, fear or difficulty.” “Courage is the First of all Virtues, through which all other Virtues are made possible”. – Aristotle
- Courtesy Definition: ‘marked by respect for and consideration of others.’
- Defense Definition: ‘means or method of defending or protecting oneself, one’s team, or another.’
- Discipline Definition: ‘Training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character.’
- Faith Definition: ‘something that is believed, especially with strong conviction.’
- Freedom Definition: “liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another”
- Generosity Definition: ‘to give freely of one’s self, one’s time, or one’s possessions to aid others.’
- Honesty Definition: ‘a. fairness and straightforwardness of conduct. b. adherence to the facts.’
- Honor Definition: ‘good name or public esteem– one whose worth brings respect or fame’
- Justice Definition: ‘the principle or ideal of just dealing or right action’
- Knowledge Definition: “facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.”
- Loyalty Definition: ‘the quality or state or an instance of being loyal – unswerving in allegiance.’
- Mercy Definition: ‘compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one’s power’.
- Nobility Definition: ‘the quality or state of being noble in character, quality or rank.’
- Responsibility Definition: “the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.”
- Sacrifice Definition: “to surrender or give up, or permit injury or disadvantage to, for the sake of something else.”
- Service Definition: ‘contribution to the welfare of others.’
- Skill Definition: “the ability, coming from one’s knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well.”
- Strength Definition: ‘the quality or state of being strong.’
- Temperance Definition: ‘Moderation in action, thought, or feeling. Moderation in the indulgence of the appetites or passions.’
- Truth Definition: ‘the body of real things, events, and facts’.
- Wisdom Definition: “the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.”